Tuesday 16 March 2010

In full bloom at the moment.

Today I got this email:

Timothea,

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather George....he was such a lovely man. His snowdrops are in full bloom at the moment.
I would love you to come and look around the house...however I find it inappropriate for you to take photographs of the inside of the house....I don't mind you taking photographs of the outside....as not much has really changed.
The kitchen is still as George and Alice left it in December 2001....however we aim to change it this year.
You may find the village has changed since your last visit....we now have an 0rganic Tea Room, a Craft Shop and even a Chocolaterie. The Craigdarroch Hotel is closed for the season but The George has a new restarurant and we have an Italian restaurant "The Three Glens" between the two.
The supermarket is still here but at the opposite side of the road....it even has a wood burning stove.
Can you give me a rough time as to when you are likely to arrive this Saturday.
Hope you get a good day for your walk down memory lane.

Maggie Nocher


So this project takes on a slightly less theoretical and more empirical aspect... I replied saying I'd probably get there about half twelve on Saturday. (I was starting to think I'd get no reply, so this is something of a turn-around.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive