Tuesday 25 May 2010

Augmented reality.


There are things along similar lines to what I have been doing happening on a slightly larger scale...
The first image is from a group on Flickr called Looking into the Past, which uses old photos of places inside recent ones, and the second is an image from an iPhone app launched by the Museum of London called StreetMuseum, which does a similar thing, combined with geotagging, to map images of the past from its photographic archives, onto streets in the present.


The resulting images are so direct that I do wonder if I should've done something similar with old photos when I visited Moniaive, (or whether that would have seemed too obvious even though it didn't occur to me at the time.) They sort of make more tangible the idea of a relationship between place and memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive