Friday 12 March 2010

Somewhat unclear as to the exact details.


I'm pretty sure the letter I posted on Sunday will have made it to Moniaive now, but I've not heard anything back. (Although, I seem to remember that when we were in Scotland for my Grandad's funeral - and went for a walk around Moniaive - that the name of the house had been changed, from Cloch na Ben to something else, so I am wondering if it will definitely have got there.) If I don't get any kind of reply, I don't really have a plan for that, but I don't think I'll stop there.

In the meantime, I've been trying to work out how I'll get there, and how much it would be possible to try and find places from memory. So far, it seems that I'll probably go by bus, and so I'd only really have to attempt to find my way from the bus stop to the house, which wouldn't be too hard, considering the size of the place. The bus journey will be a scenic one though I think. I had at first looked into driving there, which would have been closer to the original holidays, but I could only think of one person who I thought might have a car. He doesn't, I'm not sure where I got that from.

So apparently, this is the rather long bus journey I'll have to make. Because I have to go down to Dumfries then get the bus back up to Moniaive, it'll take longer than Google Maps told me it would... This does also mean though, that it'll be closer to the route that we would have driven from home in the summer holidays; The 'Rhino' referred to in the timetable is a concrete one, for some reason on top of a bus stop in Dumfries, and one of the oddest landmarks I remember from the drive up to Moniaive. The thought that I might be getting a bus from the actual rhino bus stop is quite an exciting one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive