Tuesday 11 May 2010

At home in the space.


The more I stick up on my wall, and the closer it gets to me having to take it all down again, the more I've started to realise that when I move out, my room in Edinburgh will become, in a way, like my grandparents' house. Except intensified; it's a smaller space, and its turnover of residents is much faster than that of an ordinary house. Quite often it'll be the first place for whoever lives in it that isn't with their parents, and I suppose some people go to more lengths than others to make themselves feel 'at home'. When we get post for people who haven't arranged a fowarding address, I do wonder about them and how they existed in the flat that we feel is ours.

I've been taking photos of my room, (and the mess that it tends to contain,) partly for posterity - for the room's place in my history, but partly for the sake of my place in the room's history. I'm wondering whether it would be possible to begin a recorded history of room 4, 22/6 Sciennes.

...How exactly, to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive