Saturday 8 May 2010

What we do with haunting.

"It seems that space and memory have a bond. I remember all the places I've been. What we do with haunting, is inhabiting spaces, being there, present to inhabit memories. It is about how we constitute each other. It is about property and invasion, or intrusion. We depend on each other."

That's a bit from some text used in Dark Light, a work by The Faculty of Invisibility. It's on at the Transmission Gallery in Glasgow at the moment. Their website explains what it is better than I probably could. I thought those few lines, from a document on The Department of Haunting, perhaps explains what happened that made it possible for me to do this project, maybe even what generates the material I am using. (That shared concern - albeit alongside some very different ones - and maybe also some simalarity in process to what I am doing, sending letters, documenting and things.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive